Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
279 posts
330,005 visits

Help with Rent, Security Deposit, Utility Bills

Starshine started this conversation

Many people come here in need of help with rent, security deposits and help with utlility bills to name a few. Althought this won't solve everyone's problems it may help some.

Here are some places you may recieve help and remember that many people apply so you take a chance and hope your needs are meet to some degree.

Has helped with rent and car repair before from a few people I know. You can apply on line to see if they can help you and if you meet the qualifications.

Is another source for assistance and I know of  three people here that have applied and know a person very active with the with the organization.

Here are a few of the programs they St. Vincent de Pauls helps out with. See the link for your nearest one to see if and what they can help you with. There are more programs they help out with at the link above. 

# Food programs
# Emergency financial assistance
# Emergency transportation
# Disaster relief and victim services
# Rent/mortgage assistance
# Low-cost housing

I have applied here before and it is a one time shot at applying. They were not able to help me but read the stories to see if they can help you.

You can make up to three wishes and best if they are under $100 each. You can check the catagories to see which you like to put your wish in. 

Then I found a place JewishFamilyServices and if you put those words into for your nearest one they may be able to help you. One person on this site came from Indiana to California and they helped with a security deposit and the security deposit they recieved was under $500. 

ON UTILITIES: Phone, electric and gas. Call your local companies for each as they all have a program for low income people and be sure to get on them if you meet their requirements. I have been on the program and off them since living in California.  Remember to turn off what you aren't using and unplug things like microwave that you aren't using as they do draw energy when plugged in...

The last two I tried long ago but never stuck with them. You can try them.

Then you can always apply for hud housing, section8 or housing authority and get on the waiting list.

If you need more information see my blog at

Wishing us all the best during these tough times to get the help we need.

Take care everyone and be sure to help your neighbors in some way...



Click here to add your comment...
littlelacie   in reply to odalis
Hi,Starshine has not come back on this site since 2011 so I will try to help you.You can get on internet,type in needhelppayingbills,then your city,county, will then see a list of resources in your area that may be able to help.
Talk to littlelacie
Hi my name is odalis I lost my job due to corpultunel syndrome.Living with fam.and friend since 2013.wish I can get help with security deposit for an apartment.Feeling down would like my own place son is helping me but to much on him.Wish I could find some place that they would help.Its been a strugle.Now staying with a friend.Gb
Talk to odalis
littlelacie   in reply to Jan 56
You are very welcome.
Talk to littlelacie
Jan 56   in reply to littlelacie
Thank you I appreciate that information.
Talk to Jan 56
littlelacie   in reply to Jan 56
Hi,you can get on internet,type in needhelppayingbills,then your city,county, will then see a list of resources in your area that may be able to help.some of the resources you see on the list will help with deposit and first month,if they got the funds.
Talk to littlelacie
Jan 56
Hello, I need help with security deposit. I was living with a roommate for about 6 months now. Just got word from the land lord that we have to move this person for the last 2 months did not pay the rent so I'm out my money and no were to live. I am ashamed to even ask but I just don't no were to go or to turn to at such short notice. I receive a check monthly but it's not enough for first and security I been sick for awhile and I'm unable to work at this time . I have really been down on my luck for about a year and was trying to get all my business in order and this happened. I have been on the section 8 list for 5 years so I can't count on that no time soon. Today I found a couple of places that are for low income but they want first and security, I will have the first but not the security deposit. If there are some kind people out there that can help I really would be so grateful. Thank you for reading this! 56 and down and out in Stockton ca.
Talk to Jan 56
littlelacie   in reply to bliddell
on internet,type in needhelppayingbills,then your city,county, will then see a list of resources in your area that may be able to help.some of those resources willhelp with rent deposit and first month rent,if they got the funds.
Talk to littlelacie
If anyone is interested or has ever wanted to cut their gas or electricity bill down to have extra money with in the first month of having the service a good friend of mind referred me to this website you select your state an depending on where you live you can save money on utility bill just thought I would share that
Talk to Jason76
bliddell   in reply to littlelacie
Hi I moved to Sandusky ohio in June there was a flood in my apartment and most of my stuff got ruin. Now at gave me until the 1of August to move they told me this on the 28 of July now they want give me my deposit back and I need help paying another deposit is there anyway you can help or put me in the right direction.
Talk to bliddell
I live in the City of Alexandria not Fairfax county any suggestions where I can get some rent assistance.
Talk to Tiaz1
littlelacie   in reply to Annette Garrett
We do not know resources outside the US,sorry.
Talk to littlelacie
Annette Garrett   in reply to judy 26
Hi I need help with a rent deposit and rent in advance me and my partner are living with my step father in Putney London. I lost my home of 21 years when my partner died of cancer 2 years ago due to succession law .my mother passed away and my stepfather wants us to leave we are not working and cant afford a deposit and rent in advance who can help us please its getting too much we constantly argue and now he is recueving complaints from the council and its getting worse please help
Talk to Annette Garrett
littlelacie   in reply to Thicknesstea30
dial 211,say what you need help with and your location.they will tell you what resources in your area may be able to help.
Talk to littlelacie
I need help with my deposit
Talk to Thicknesstea30
littlelacie   in reply to Kennyman1970
hi,get on internet,type in needhelppayingbills,city,county,state,you will then see a list of resources in your area that may be able to help.
Talk to littlelacie
Kennyman1970   in reply to judy 26
I need help with a deposit
Talk to Kennyman1970
kennyrocksnyc   in reply to cece712
Are you from New York City?if so there a agencies call neighbor
Talk to kennyrocksnyc
cece712   in reply to woman in a shoe
Hi, I am a single mother of 2. I was finally able to get an apartment for the 3 of us but I cannot pay the security deposit for the lights. Does anyone know of any assistance agencies. Thanks
Talk to cece712
woman in a shoe   in reply to somaya36
Hi the person u posted to not been on here in years. All we can do is give u information where u mite get help. Type need help with bills city state if u don't see it under city state put county state u will see a list of places that can help if they got the funds. They help with water rent lights gas.
Talk to woman in a shoe
Hey I'm a single mom of 3,and I'm looking for help paying my water utility bill in West Palm Beach Florida, and if I don't get my water back on soon, I can be evicted out of my place and then I will be homeless once again, help please.
Talk to somaya36